Whoops and Wings is back for Winter 2018-2019 Season! These take place every Wednesday 6-10PM, in the basement of the Norvilla Hotel 1763 Henderson Hwy. This race is open to all ages and skill levels. Spectators are welcome. Food and beverages available from the bar upstairs.
Bring your indoor safe drone and join the fun. Recommended 1-2s with protected props. This year we’re seeing a lot of brushless 1s or 2s whoops like the Mobula7, TinyHawk, and Beta75x. Tons of fun!
What a great day of racing! Huge thanks to our sponsors SN Hobbies, Grvdigr, Rotorvillage, and RacedayQuads who helped make this event awesome!
A Big Congrats to the Winners:
1st: Louis Plett (Highway11)
2nd: Lenfred Dueck (rcleno)
3rd: Wally Kroeker (walub)
2018 marks a milestone for MultiGP FPV drone racing with the league’s first Canadian Series! There will be four qualifiers across Canada with the National finals in Ottawa in September. This series will see top Canadian pilots competing in some of the fastest and most exciting racing possible. More information on the 2018 Canadian series can be found here: http://multigpcanada.com
The Central qualifier is being hosted by our chapter, Winnipeg FPV on August 18th.
We have some awesome prizes to give away thanks to our sponsors: SN Hobbies, Rotorvillage, Grvdigr, and RaceDayQuads
The event will feature A and B main races with prizes as well as a ton of raffle prizes eligible to all pilots!
Lunch will be provided for pilots. Spectators are within walking distance to Tim Hortons and a block from McDonald’s.
How do I sign up?
We use Multigp.com to organize pilot signup and manage video frequencies. To join this event:
1. Go to multigp.com
2. Create an account
3. Once logged in go to: http://www.multigp.com/chapters/view/?chapter=Winnipeg-FPV
4. Click the “Join” icon
5. Make sure your profile is filled out and you create aircraft profiles in order to check in to the event
6. A MAAC membership is required to fly at this event.
7. Complete Event Rules located here
There will be a $40 pilot fee collected during check-in. This is to help cover field rental event and lunch costs.
What type of drone do I need?
- Any quad frame and propeller size. Up to 6s Lipo.
- A video transmitter (vtx) no greater than 25mw in power.
- We will be using the IMD6c frequency layout which is a mixture of Fatshark and Raceband bands. Please be familiar with your fpv setup in advance and learn how to quickly tune in your vtx and goggles to any one of these channels:
- R1:5658mhz R2:5695mhz F2:5760mhz F4:5800mhz R7:5880mhz R8:5917mhz
- Please ensure you have your failsafe setup properly. We will be testing everyone’s equipment during check-in. Please be prepared to demonstrate failsafe with props off.
9:00 AM Pilot Check-in and Safety inspection as course is being setup. $40 pilot fee will be collected on check-in. Cash or Paypal via your phone accepted.
9:45 AM Course walk-through, Pilot and Safety Briefing
10:00 AM Begin practice rounds. Pilots will be placed into heats and get minimum 2 practice rounds on the track to warm up and learn the track. We will also use this time to work out any potential video issues that may arise within your group
11:00 AM Start Qualifying Rounds (2 rounds)
12:00 PM Break for Pizza Lunch (included in registration for pilots)
12:30 PM 3 more rounds of Qualifying
02:30 PM Top 16 Double Elimination Rounds begin
04:30 PM B Main: Bottom 1/2 of pilots in order of elimination compete for B mains. “Chase the ace” Format. First pilot to win 2 races
05:00 PM Awards Ceremony. Prizes handed out for racing and raffles are drawn for all pilots entered
06:00 PM Begin track tear down
- Pizza Lunch Provided for pilots
- Generator(s) will be onsite for charging. Bring your own extension chord and power bar to hook up to it!
Wednesday evening is Multi GP drone racing with Winnipeg FPV downstairs at the Norvilla hotel, 1763 Henderson Hwy. Never mind the snow outside! Come fly your tiny whoop or micro brushless drone (max 2”) indoors on the new Winnipeg FPV indoor race track. We have a different course every week. Newbies and spectators are always welcome. We are a family friendly all ages event. Between your races the bar upstairs serves drinks and pub grub including a wings special of 25 cent wings with the purchase of a beverage. Doors open at 6pm with flying until 10. Join us for Wednesday whoops and wings at the Norvilla Hotel or online at https://slack.winnipegfpv.club
To get a channel to race sign to the race directly on MultiGP here: https://www.multigp.com/chapters/view/?chapter=Winnipeg-FPV
Location: 1763 Henderson Hwy downstairs
Doors open: 6pm
Cost: Free (donations welcome)
Family friendly / all ages welcome